Sunday, May 25, 2014

Barnes and Noble+garage sale Book Haul!

I have been buying all of the books for summer. All of the books.

The first book I got is The Monsters of Morley Manor by Bruce Coville. I have never heard of this book and I doubt that it will be amazingly life-changing. It's a kid's book, but it didn't sound absolutely terrible.
So, I bought it, knowing full well that I will probably hate it.
Go on.
Judge me.






The next book that I got is The Maze of Bones by Rick Riordan, which is the first book in the thirty nine clues series. I also got The King's Ransom, but I'm not even going to talk about that one because I thought it was the second book in the series, but it's not. While we're on the topic of second books in series, I got Alfred Kropp: The Seal of Solomon, but I haven't read the first book, so . . .
Back on the topic of The Maze of Bones, the series seems interesting enough. I like the idea of a bunch of amazing authors collaborating to create a series.



I also got Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I checked it out from the library before, but the copy that I got was so stained and ripped and disgusting that it made me hate the book itself. Now that I have a better copy, I hope that I'll be able to enjoy it.








Lost Horizon by James Hilton
Apparently, it's the first paperback ever published, which is cool, I guess. It sounded interesting enough, so I got it. But I think that it's a required reading book, because when I typed it in on google, the popular results were "notes" or "summary" or something like that. Oh well.







Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl.
I got a really crappy copy of the book. It looks like a dog ate it and then threw it back up. And then the owner tried to tape it back together but failed miserably.
All for only 25 cents!
But I've been wanting to read this for a while, and I'm almost done with The Book Thief, and I've been really interested in WWII lately, so I'm excited.






The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind
My brother had to read this for required reading a while back, and he said that he actually liked the book.
He never reads . . .
He liked a book . . .
Therefore, it has been on my to-do list to read for quite some time, and I found the book at a garage sale and was reminded.





Then I go to Barnes and Noble and spend fifty dollars to help make sure that it doesn't go out of business.
It already happened with Borders. BaN is the last survivor.
Anyway, I got The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey, which I started reading today--page 13, already love it. I don't read many books about aliens, but I still understand the concept and think that it's really cool.
OHMYGOSH THEY'RE MAKING THIS INTO A MOVIE????
YES!!!!!!




The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
I tried reading this book before, but I had so much on my plate at that time. So I actually decided to buy the book, because I thought that the concept was really cool and I was enjoying it.








The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan
I recently finished The Red Pyramid and I liked it, and I have faith in Rick Riordan. So, I got the second book in the series. It's not at the top of my priorities, but I'll get around to it.








The last book that I got is The 57 Lives of Alex Wayfare by MG Buehrlen. I was surprised to see this one at Barnes and Noble, but it was there, and I like the concept of time travel, so I got it.









Anyway, I'm super excited to read these books!

No comments:

Post a Comment