Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Goodwill Book Haul

I need to stop.
So, I recently went to the goodwill which is a pretty good place to get cheap books. I found that most of the adult books were given to the goodwill for a reason, but there were some decent children's books and the occasional YA book.

The first book that I got is The Barcode Tattoo by Suzanne Weyn. I'm about 100 pages into it, and everybody else hates it, but it's not too bad so far. It's a kind of stupid concept, but it's also interesting and plausible enough to keep me entertained. It deals with concepts like peer pressure, being different, rebellion, and standing up for what you believe in, which I can appreciate. But the author still needs to prove to me that everything in the book makes sense and that this is going somewhere.

I'll do a full review soon.






The second book that I got is The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman. I have no idea what it's about, but I can guess that it's fantasy and that it has a female protagonist.
On my cover, it looks like some kid drew boobs onto the chest of the girl and then crossed them out. Thanks, whoever did that. You're on the path to becoming a wonderful member of society.





I also bought Because of Winn-Dixie. I already have read this twice. It's my favorite book by Kate DiCamillo, I love the characters, and I'm also creating a little Kate DiCamillo collection on my shelf, which is pretty cool.









Then I found a Great Illustrated Classics section, and I like GIC, because it makes it much less intimidating to read classics.
And I like pictures.
So, I got 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. Jules Verne also wrote A Journey to the Center of the Earth, which I loved, so I'm looking forward to this one.






I'm currently teaching myself all about quantum physics and time travel and space and wormholes and all of that fun stuff, so I thought it would cool to get The Time Machine by HG Wells.









That concludes this book haul. I'll stop buying books eventually. Eventually . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment