Friday, June 20, 2014

Book Haul

This will be the last book haul for a while as I am going on a book buying ban.
Gosh, I must seem like a very pitiful person.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz

The book cover I have to the left shows that the book has three medals. It actually has four now.
I started reading it already because I've been super excited for this book. I can't tell you much about it, but I can really relate to one of the main characters. Also, the chapters are really short, so it seems like it's going to be an easy read.



Wonder by RJ Palacio

I have been super excited to read this book. Most of the other bookstores I went to had this thing way overpriced, but I had some store credit at one of the local bookstores and got it for a little bit less.
It's about a boy with a facial deformation, and everyone has said that it has made them cry and that it was heartwarming, and I have yet to have a book make me genuinely cry.
Bring it on, Wonder.



All our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill

I have heard mainly good things about this book. I don't know much about it, because I just like to immerse myself into these dystopian books. But it seems like it'll be good.







Signal by Cynthia Defelice

I am always willing to pick up a book I have never heard of if it sounds good. I read the little blurb on the back and was intrigued. It has a pretty bad overall rating on goodreads because everyone is giving it three stars, but it's pretty short and I'm willing to give it a try.






Cinder and Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

I bought Cinder about a week ago because I had ten dollars and that's what you do when you have ten dollars. Today, I bought Scarlet. They look beautiful on my bookshelf--just saying. I think that the author has created a really cool world and even though I'm not done with Cinder, I'd already like to see what happens in Scarlet.


The War of the Worlds by HG Wells

My brain is doing one of those things where it thinks it's the center of the universe, and ever since I bought The Time Machine by HG Wells, I've noticed his name everywhere. I noticed it in The Book Thief, and it immediately came to my attention at the book store. And I haven't read a single thing by HG Wells. So, thanks, Brain, for making no sense.
By the way, look at how crappy the cover is. It's crappy.




Death and the Arrow by Chris Priestley

I "borrowed" this one from a family member. I was just so jealous when that family member bought it about five years ago and I've been wanting it for five years.
So, I have it now.






Last but not least . . .

Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

I have heard fantastic things about this book. I heard that it's so amazing and that the writing is phenomenal and that the world is very cool.
What is about, you ask?
I have no idea.





There you have it. My last book haul for a while . . .

I'm cool with it, though. I have nearly 40 books to read this summer, which is plenty.

No comments:

Post a Comment