Friday, May 23, 2014

A-Z Marathon! Author of the Day: Beverly Cleary

I recently realized that most of the things I have read begin with A and T.

Beverly Cleary wrote all of the Ramona's World books, Henry Huggins, Ribsy, Socks, Ralph S Mouse, Dear Mr. Henshaw, and about forty other books. I used to love these books, so I'm kind of revisiting my childhood.

Anyway, I read a lot of these books when I was in third grade and I liked them. I wished I remembered them more so I could tell you more about the plot, but I can't, and I know that I have outgrown these books.

I read all of the Ramona books more than any of the others.
Basically, it's about a girl named Ramona who is a child and is growing up. Yeah. That's it.

There's a really simple plot, so simple there usually really isn't one at all, simply themes, clear messages, and basically other generic things you can find in children's books.

But Beverly Cleary introduced me to reading for pleasure, so I have to make a post about her books and how much they mean to me. I would read these things for hours at a time and she's written so much, so I had lots to choose from.

So, thanks Beverly Cleary. I encourage you to take a peek at these books if you haven't. Maybe read the first chapter. Remember what it's like to be a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment