Wednesday, May 14, 2014

I am officially the happiest person in the world

Today I went to the bookstore because I wanted some books (duh) and I had some store credit.
So, I walk in, and I see exactly what I wanted:


 


Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken

For those of you who don't know, Never Fade is the second book in The Darkest Minds trilogy. I did a review/book talk of TDM here: http://bookahooligans.blogspot.com/2014/05/dystopiathon-darkest-minds-by-alexandra.html
As soon as I finished TDM, I just wanted to know what happened next and now I get to find out.




Then, I look down and see Legend by Marie Lu. I make sure it's the first book in the series, make sure it's affordable, and then I pick it up and buy it.
I know nothing about this book but I'm hoping that it's good. I am worried that it will just be another overly hyped dystopian novel, but I want to give it a chance because dystopian books can be some of the most captivating and thought provoking if they're written well.







I go to the upstairs floor to the children's section and see if there are any cute books up there. I remember wanting to read this one a few years ago.
It's The Ghost of Crutchfield Hall by Mary Downing Hahn. I read All the Lovely Bad Ones (book review here: http://bookahooligans.blogspot.com/2014/05/books-to-read-all-lovely-bad-ones-by.html) and I enjoyed it. However, unless the author co-wrote this with Stephen King, I think I will probably just find the book stereotypical and amusing. However, I derive pleasure from amusing books and it only cost 75 cents, so I figured, why not?



After doing a little more searching, I'm about to tell the cashier that I'm ready to purchase my books when my hand, without my consent, reaches over and picks up Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children. I really like the concept of the book. I think that a book with photographs sounds really creepy and cool and I'm excited to read it.







However, I am at a bit of a dilemma because I don't know which one to start first, and I'm currently reading The Book Thief, The Maze Runner, To Kill a Mockingbird, Farewell to Manzanar, Eight Keys, and now I'm going to start one of these books . . .
Luckily, summer is coming up and I have no friends, so I'll have plenty of time to read and write and play instruments and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment