Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Books to Read: All the Lovely Bad Ones by Mary Downing Hahn

It's been a while since I've read this book, but I remember just enough about it to know that I love this book.
It's about these two siblings who go to their grandmother's inn for the summer. Their grandmother is complaining about how some other hotel is getting tons of guests because ghosts have been reported there. So, to help business, the two kids pretend to be ghosts. I don't want to reveal too much, but let's just say that's not the entire plot.
I remember that this book was very entertaining, and that it had some scary and mysterious moments that I thoroughly enjoyed. The ending was kind of vague, but it was probably the creepiest part of the book. I also liked that it had interesting side characters, like these two bicyclists who ride over a hundred miles each day.
I recommend this book for children and young teens. I think that anyone older than that would just be rolling their eyes the entire time, which is a shame because it's a great book. It's pretty short, but it's really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment