Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dystopiathon: Insurgent by Veronica Roth

**To view spoilers, drag your mouse over the empty space between"<SPOILER>...<SPOILER>"

Insurgent was . . . was . . .
Okay. If you haven't seen it yet, I did a book review of the first book in this trilogy called Divergent. You can view it here: http://bookahooligans.blogspot.com/2014/05/dystopiathon-divergent-by-veronica-roth.html

If you haven't read Divergent or Insurgent, then bye!!!

<SPOILERS>
I liked this book. I feel like it was a decent sequel. There were some problems I had with the plot, and I felt like Tris was acting way too selfless. However, it was pretty fast paced. The author started the book right where we left off, which was fine with me because I started the Divergent trilogy about a month before the movie came out.
I absolutely loved the part where Tris and Four were being interrogated by the Candor. Some part of that just was really interesting to me, and I my heart was racing and I couldn't put the book down.
When they were living in Amity, that was also really interesting because we never really learned much about the Amity.
But when Tris came into Tobias's room in the middle of the night and she "realized she wasn't wearing any pants," I was just like  - _ - Really?
But I thought that the rest of the book was pretty fast paced and interesting, again, I didn't agree with some of the plot or the thinking in the book, but I feel like it was nicely done.
The parts of the plot I didn't like was the plot twist when it turned out that Caleb was plotting against Tris. That wasn't really well explained and it seemed a little bit out of character for Caleb. Also, Tris just seemed completely out of character. I feel like she was thinking "well, I've been in abnegation all of my life and haven't really done anything there, and my parents died, and my brother is a traitor and I don't really have much to live for . . . so I might as well die heroically."
I could tell that it was nicely done because I wasn't paying attention to the page numbers, which I do a lot whenever a book is boring me, so I was really entertained and enjoyed my reading experience.
<SPOILER>

No comments:

Post a Comment