Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The DNF Pile

Sometimes, you start a book and it has such promise. Then, you just never pick it up again.
That book becomes part of the DNF pile, and I am here to share mine.

Uglies by Scott Westerfeld

This book probably won't remain in the DNF pile for long. I'm sure I'll get around to reading it some time.
You see, I checked this one out from a library, and my copy was all torn up with strange stains in the pages, so it was not pleasing to pick up. Also, it's paperback, and I just prefer to check out hardcover books.
Also, I didn't have much time to read this one. So, I trudged through the first few chapters, decided I didn't like the writing style, and returned it to the library.


Gathering Blue by Lois Lowry

What can I say about this book . . .
It was painfully, painfully slow. Whenever I picked it up, I sighed and found no interest in the book. The author didn't create a world I really cared for and I hated most of the characters. Also, the book was about sewing or knitting or whatever, which I just don't find pleasing. I might pick it up again some day. I might just read a detailed summary and move on to the next book. Who knows . . .



The Maze Runner by James Dashner

This book is not officially DNF. I just haven't picked it up in a month because I was so bored with it.
I am willing to trudge through The Grapes of Wrath and other classics, but this book was made purely for my entertainment. It didn't entertain me.






The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan

I did finish this book, but I started it two years before I finished it. So, it was once in the DNF pile, but this one is just proof that books don't have to stay in the pile forever.







Redwall by Brian Jacques

I derived no pleasure from this book.









That's really all that's in my DNF pile. Any other books I probably hated so much that I simply suppressed the memory of them. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment