Thursday, May 8, 2014

Books that I can't read in public anymore because I'll be judged: Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney

One thing that I hated about transitioning from kid to teenager were the habits you were expected to change. I grew out of my Magic Treehouse books, I abandoned shows on Nickelodeon, and crawling up the stairs on my hands an feet was frowned upon.
One series that I do miss is the Diary of  Wimpy Kid series. I'm sad because I know that if I read them now, I won't be able to enjoy them as much. Some of the jokes I read years ago would probably just seem so stupid to me now.
However, I do recommend the series to young readers. It's like an epic newspaper comic about real life problems that I somehow find myself relating to more now than I did before, because I used to be quite popular. Then things went downhill, but let's talk about the book.
I really enjoyed the books. I remember completing the 2nd book in the series when our power went out and I had to read by candlelight. See? I have memories with these books. Go and make some memories of your own.

Also, if you like this series, I recommend The Loser List by Holly Kowitt, which I read a while back.

No comments:

Post a Comment