Saturday, May 3, 2014

Books to Read: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

There are so many books to choose from, and it's really disappointing when you go out and buy a book that you don't like. So, I've created this segment where I recommend some of my absolute favorite books.

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan is the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The book after this is called the Sea of Monsters. There's another series after that called the Heroes of Olympus, so I'm really recommending all of the books in the series, but this is the starter.

Also, If you've seen the movies, I implore you to read the books, because the movies did not do the books justice.

The Lightning Thief is about a boy named Percy who is a little bit a trouble maker. He's not good in school (partially due to his dyslexia) and he has to constantly switch schools. However, he's a pretty special kid, because he's a demigod. A demigod is the child of a god and a mortal, and Percy finds out that his dad is Poseidon, which is one of the most powerful gods there is. So, he's sent to a camp with other demigods, and naturally he has to go on some sort of quest.

It's been a while since I've read this book, but it was one of the first books that I picked up myself and thoroughly enjoyed. For that, I recommend it.

I recommend this book for fantasy lovers 10 years old and up. I don't think that adults would appreciate the series as much, but I definitely don't think that should stop anyone from reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment